Michelle Marsh Means Business!



Obviously, this young lady doesn't need much of an introduction... Michelle Marsh is one of the UK's top glamour models and is known to millions. In a meteoric rise to fame she’s appeared in numerous magazines and newspapers as well as appearing several times on the small screen and on radio channels.

Born in Oldham Michelle began her music career with an appearance on ITV's Popstars in 2003 where she succeeded in making it through to the final 30. She has gained considerable exposure after appearing on many TV shows such as 1999's Thats Entertainment and her other talents in music have also been recognised after she won first prize at a Manchester talent show and went on to win a BBC Radio 1 song writing competition early on in her career.

The gorgeous blonde WAG became engaged to Oldham Athletic footie player, Will Haining on Valentines Day last year and plans to get hitched next summer.

What do you want people to hear when they listen to the "I Don’t Do" Single?

I suppose just a fun track really. Something that they can get up and dance to. It’s quite like a girly song. I know it sounds old but like a girl power kind of song. I hope it does lift them up and gets them dancing. I hope they enjoy it.

Who inspired you to become a singer?

I don’t know who inspired me. As far as I know I’ve been wanting to be a singer since I was little. I’ve always looked up to Alanis Morrisette and I’ve always loved Lisa Stansfield because she’s basically from just around the corner from me. I’ve always thought – well if she can do it I can do it. I’ve always wanted to do it, ever since I can remember really.

Were you brought up in a musical household?

I was kind of, yeah. My Dad’s a big heavy metal rocker so he’s always doing head banging to some kind of music. Me and my brothers were always used to singing either in the church choir or school choir. I was sent to drama school, so I was always doing shows there and stuff like that. Yeah, I think music has been a big part of my live. If I’m at home not doing anything, rather than watching TV I’ll always have music on – whether it’s the music stations or the radio. So I would say it’s a big part of my life, yeah.

You came 7th this year in X Factor - Battle of the Stars, the celebrity singing competition aiming to raise funds for charity. Tell us about that experience now in reflection?

To be fair I was just really, really chuffed that I got on the show because for me it was quite an achievement. I was probably the least well-known person on it. So for me it was like a massive, massive opportunity. I was just so excited. I couldn’t actually believe that I got on the show in the first place. I was just really happy to do it. It was a wicked experience. I got to meet a load of new friends and got a whole new different fan base. So the whole experience was fantastic, I really enjoyed it all.

Are you watching the show now?

Oh yeah definitely. It’s hard not to, it’s so addictive. I really like Ben and the young girl Leona is just fantastic. She’s just effortlessly brilliant.

Was there a judge that scared you on the X Factor in the beginning?

I wasn’t scared of any of them to tell you the truth. I know it sounds strange but as soon as I met Simon and realised how short he was – it’s kind of hard to be scared of him. His tongues quite nasty but as a person I couldn’t really be scared of him because he’s so small. The scary thing was singing live rather than facing the judges. It was just an entertainment show, something for fun and for charity.

Which artists do you like to listen to when you get the chance then?

The artists I like to listen to at the minute are – I’m a big fan of Kelly Clarkson. I absolutely love her album. I like Evanescence. I’m quite a rock chick really. But I like anything from Elton John to Phil Collins. (Laughs) I’ve just got a really, really big range of music that I like.

What’s your most treasured possession?

Probably my engagement ring.

Who is your best celeb mate?

I would probably have to say Lucy (Pinder), the girl I do most of my modelling with. I’m good friends with Calum Best. We normally go out clubbing together. But I don’t really know many celebrities (Laughs)

What did you get up to on your last day off?

Let me think - it was actually yesterday. What did I do? – I went in Manchester and got myself a new dress cos I’m going out tonight. I went and had Sushi with my boyfriend and I went up to see my mum. Oh and I went to the cinema as well to watch Saw III. That was so scary. Horrible, it was really bad.

I watch horrors and then I moan about it – I’m like “I shouldn’t have watched that”.

Do you have any phobias?

I have a really weird phobia of veins. I don’t like people touching my wrists or the back of my legs. Anywhere where there’s a lot of veins. I know it’s really strange but (Laughs). I really don’t like it.

What’s your perfect holiday destination?

I’m going to Dubai and the Maldives for my honeymoon so I’d probably say that. The Maldives always just looks like an absolute dream. It looks dead relaxing. So when I get back I’ll let you know if it was my perfect holiday destination.

What’s the most extravagant thing you’ve ever bought?

Probably my wedding dress. I’m not going to wear it for another seven months but it’s the most expensive thing that I’ve bought recently. I also spent a fortune on a necklace for my boyfriend for his birthday. He’s wanted it for absolutely ages, so I thought I’d treat him. But it was like his birthday present, Christmas present, everything rolled into one (Laughs).

Who would you most and least like to be stuck in a lift with?

I’ll go least first. I’ll say Tony Blair because I don’t know anybody that likes paying taxes and I’d probably really lay into him about how many taxes he charges us.

The person I’d probably like to be stuck in a lift with the most is probably Sharon – Sharon Osbourne, because she’d probably make the best of a bad situation. She just makes me laugh.

What’s the one thing that you’re good at that not many people know about?

I’d say kickboxing. I’m very good at it because I’m bendy.

Are you going to keep up modelling as well as singing?

Yeah – I should think so. I like to do everything me (Laughs). But that’s what I started off doing, modelling, so I don’t think I’ll quit doing it. You never know, the singing might go down the drain so it’s always nice to have it there. Modelling is my first bow; singing is just a little side one to see how it goes. So fingers crossed it goes well.

I wouldn’t say no to anything. I’d give anything a try because you always regret the things you don’t do rather than the things you do.

You’ve featured in FHM's influencial 100 Sexiest Women in the World – who do you think is the most fanciable man on the big screen or on TV at the moment?

Oh let me see. I really like Antonio Banderas. I’ve had a crush on him for as long as I can remember. Also, I don’t think he’s a very good actor, but I really like Orlando Bloom. I don’t think much of his acting skills but he’s very, very pretty, very good looking. Antonio is just the bomb!

You’re known as the forces sweetheart – how do you feel about that?

That’s probably my biggest honour. I’ve been to Bosnia, Kosovo, Cyprus and Afghanistan. I’m actually going to out somewhere else at the end of November. It’s an absolute honour to tell you the truth. The guys are just to so happy to have you there and they can’t believe that you’ve come out to where they are to see them. It’s a morale boost to cheer them up. They do really lovely things like the last time I went to Afghanistan they put my silhouette on one of their fighter plans. It’s just fantastic. It’s wicked to be able to do that because not many people can say that they’ve done it.

What’s the strangest fan encounter that you’ve ever had?

It would have to be a girl, I think it was in South London, and I was on the stage playing a few games and having a laugh and she was just stood in front of the stage the whole time just screaming my name over and over again. I ended up getting really conscious about it. She tried to jump on stage and they had to take her off and tell her to calm down and what not. She was quite scary.

What’s next for you? Anything else in the pipeline, as there have been rumours about you appearing in the upcoming sixth series of “I’m A Celebrity – Get Me Out Of Here”?

Obviously it’s the single at the moment – I’m working towards that. That’s out on Monday. I’ve got a few more songs ready to record that I’m just listening to and working on. A lot more rocky stuff, which is really what I want to do. I’m just kinda concentrating on this at the minute and seeing how it goes. I’ve also got my calendar out at the end of this month as well. Who knows – watch this space!

Michelle’s new single “I Don’t Do” is released in the UK on Monday 6th November